How We Serve
Nashville VOAD fosters an effective delivery of services in response to Davidson County communities affected by disaster.
We are a coalition of organizations active during times of disaster
Nashville VOAD’s goal is to provide knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery—to help disaster survivors in Davidson County communities.
During times of active disaster, the Nashville VOAD provides a single point of coordination for all member organizations seeking to assist survivors in our community so that needs are met in the most efficient manner possible.
The purpose of creating a VOAD is to strengthen area-wide disaster coordination and preparedness by sharing programs, policies, information, and engaging in joint planning, education, and training.
We participate in all four phases of disaster management.
Get information - Apply for assistance - Receive the support you deserve
A strong and responsive VOAD
- Builds trust between organizations and the community
- Brings diverse groups together to solve issues
- Creates a structured immediate response to disasters
- Supports long-term recovery by supporting local initiatives
- Provides an educational resource to community residents
Support us by volunteering with one of our member organizations.