Make a plan to protect you and your loved ones.
Stay a step ahead
Ready.gov is a national public service campaign aimed to help educate and empower the American people to prepare for, respond to, and mitigate emergencies.
After an emergency, you may need to survive on your own for several days. A well stocked response kit is an important tool.
Emergency supply list
Make a family communication plan quickly and easily with the new ready.gov fillable form.
Make a plan now
Download the newly updated FEMA App to get preparedness strategies and real-time weather and emergency alerts.
Get the FEMA app
Individuals with Disabilities
For people with disabilities and their families, it is important to consider individual circumstances and needs to effectively prepare for emergencies and disasters.Explore resources
A growing body of evidence reveals that older adults are disproportionately impacted during disasters. It is critical our senior population discuss their needs with their trusted support network before a disaster occurs.Start planning
Receive the support you need
During Major Disaster Declarations signed by President Joe Biden, residents in Davidson County may be eligible to apply for FEMA Individual Assistance.
Assistance could include:
- Temporary housing such as rental assistance or reimbursement for hotel costs
- Grants for the repair or replacement of a homeowner’s primary residence
- Repairing storm-damaged privately-owned access routes (driveways, roads, or bridges)
Also, other uninsured or under-insured disaster-related expenses such as:
- Repair or replacement of personal property
- Moving and storage fees
- Childcare, medical and dental expenses, and certain funeral costs